A double chin is merely an excess of fat in the area underneath the chin (the submental space) Double chin often gives a face a fuller appearance. While many people wish to remove double chins based on the social standards of beauty, health wise it is advisable as a double chin is a sign of obesity in many. Although there are a few other factors, that include.
- Family history of sagging skin or stubborn fat.
- Facial structure is another factor not considered much. People with recessive chins and weak jawlines will find themselves more susceptible to developing a double chin.
- Fluctuations in weight as the skin expands and contracts.
- Age is another factor as skin becomes less elastic over the years.
- Poor Posture is a common factor these days as we tend to crane our neck down to watch our mobile phones or laptops. This posture is affecting the platysma tissue that connects the neck to the chin which results in reduced elasticity.
We all have heard the saying, “Keep your chin up”, but this can be difficult when there’s another one holding it down. A double chin isn’t necessarily a sign of poor health, but it can harm your self-esteem and social life. Fortunately, there are several ways to reduce your double chin, if not eliminate it completely.
If the double chin is due to weight gain, losing weight may make it smaller or get rid of it. The best way to lose weight is to eat a healthy diet and exercise regularly. Let us see some of those tips.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables per day.
- Avoid processed foods.
- Replace refined grains with whole grains.
- Eat healthy fats, such as olive oil, avocados, and nuts.
- Eat protein-rich foods, such as chicken and fish.
- Eat low-fat dairy products.
- Increase water intake and make sure to drink 6 to 8 glasses per day
- Eat water-rich foods like cucumbers, melons, lettuce, celery, etc.
- Stay within your daily calorie needs.
Diet should always be accompanied by a regular diet to see satisfactory changes. Results are only possible when these exercises are done regularly. Changes can be seen within two to three months of practice.
But sometimes, no matter how much one tries those double chin exercises or diet; it can be so difficult to get rid of. They would have seemed to lose weight yet that double chin still persists. That’s where modern-day technology comes in.
High-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) is a relatively new cosmetic treatment for skin tightening that is considered as a painless and noninvasive replacement for face lifts. It uses ultrasound energy to create heat at a deep level in the skin, thus encouraging the production of collagen, which results in firmer skin. The heat also destroys fat cells, which your body naturally gets rid of in the coming weeks. The result is smoother skin with more elasticity. Since the high-frequency ultrasound beams are focused on a specific tissue site below the skin’s surface, there’s no damage to the upper layers of the skin and adjacent issue.
This HIFU procedure is used to treat the following:
- tighten the skin on the neck
- reduce the appearance of double chin
- smooth and tighten chest skin
- smooth wrinkles on the face
- lift drooping eyelids or eyebrows
By stimulating the skin in the cheek, neck and jaw area, HIFU promotes collagen production which reduces dead skin cells and fat. It tightens the skin to give a younger, more rejuvenated look.
HIFU can be used on various parts of the body to reduce wrinkles, tighten skin and promote a younger look, including upper chest, arms, thighs, stomach and more.
HIFU may not be appropriate for everyone. In general, the procedure works best on people older than 30 with mild-to-moderate skin laxity. People with photodamaged skin or a high degree of loose skin may need several treatments before seeing results.
HIFU treatment is not a good option for:
- Older people with more extensive photo-aging, severe skin laxity, or very saggy skin on the neck.
- People with infections and open skin lesions at the target area, severe or cystic acne, and metallic implants in the treatment area.
Want to know how this procedure works? Here are the steps:
- HIFU facial rejuvenation is started by cleaning the chosen area of the face and applying a gel.
- Next, a handheld device that emits the ultrasound waves in short bursts is used. Each session typically lasts 30–90 minutes.
- A local anesthetic may be applied before the procedure to help prevent pain which some might experience.
When a session is over, there is also no recovery time. This means that one can get on with their daily activities after receiving HIFU treatment. One might require between one and six sessions, depending on the results they want to achieve.
According to recent studies, after HIFU treatment, the improvement in the appearance of the face and neck can be noticed after 90 days while the skin elasticity of the cheeks, lower abdomen, and thighs improved after 12 weeks.
DOUBLE CHIN TREATMENTS AT KLARA SKIN & HAIR CLINIC
Treating this area of stubborn fat and sagging skin can be achieved effectively – and without resorting to double chin surgery – through fat removal treatment combined with skin tightening and lifting treatment.
Say goodbye to that double chin! Consult our specialist and book your appointment with us.
SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION
Ph: +91 8056090670
New No: 3/1, Old No: 2, 1st Floor 5th Street, Tansi Nagar, Velachery, Chennai 600042